Monday, March 1, 2010

Trend: Knee-High Socks


The rain can often force me to compromise my sense of style. I start pinning my bangs back, tucking comfy leggings into boots, borrowing my boyfriend's oversized sweaters, skipping all makeup, and heading out the door looking fairly like I've just rolled out of bed.

A recent stop at the shouk, however, gave me a reason to put together cute outfits again: socks. Decorative, layerable socks. Knee-high navy blue socks worn over grey leggings and under black boots; knee-high grey socks worn over black tights with brown boots; and the sexiest thigh-high thin black socks worn over bare legs or layered over black tights with tall black heels.

Cheap and warm, my new purchases are the perfect mix of fashion and practicality, keeping me covered while allowing me to slip back into a few shorter skirts and dresses. It feels good to feel cute again.

No comments:

Post a Comment