Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Trend: Mink Muffs


Essie's new nail polish color Mink Muffs has been decorating my fingers for weeks now. I first got introduced to it when I was back in L.A. around New Year's when, having gotten tired of my winter reds, I decided to ask the manicure place what their newest selection was. The taupey color they produced wasn't immediately seductive, yet it turned out to be surprisingly refreshing once applied. There's something to be said for the type of clean edginess that a neutral palette can evoke - just think of 60s era nuded-out lips.

Throw on something flirty and bright to go with it. The contrast will lend a new interest and sophistication to the color. Take, for example, my post-manicure experience shopping at J. Crew. Amidst that pastel backdrop, my fingernails positively popped. So much so that the sales girl helping me began calling her colleagues over to see "the new color" she loved.

Florals and grays. Seems like the perfect combo for a Spring that, so far, has been half heatwave, half rainstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment